RETHINKING YOUR RESOLUTIONS
Six Tips to Finding New Confidence and Embracing the Current YOU
As we approach the end of this year, many of us take these last few days as opportunities for reflection. We reflect on all we have accomplished this past year, and possibly scribble down new goals we plan to strive for after the clock strikes midnight on December 31st. We often hear, “New Year, New You.” Those words circle in our heads as we jot down notes for our future selves—people who in our minds, are better versions of who we currently are. Yes, fitness goals are included — but the best resolutions often enrich your emotional health and spirit.
And focusing on your health and well-being doesn’t always translate into a new diet or workout plan. Expand your sights on taking charge of your mental health, finally optimizing a better sleep routine or diving headfirst into reclaiming how you spend the 24 hours of each day.
YMCA of Greater Nashua is here to pose the question—why do they say, “New Year, New You?” as if the current “you” is not enough? The current “you” is extraordinary – why change it?
Sometimes, the only change we actually need is to add something enriching to our lives. At the Y, we invite you to rethink your resolutions and find something new this year – something to help you find the confidence to embrace and appreciate all that makes you, you!
1. Find a New Passion: At the Y, you’ll find countless opportunities to get moving and experience the joy of better health. All it takes is one first step! Find what moves you. Choose from one of our hundreds of in person and online group exercise classes or get involved in a new activity today!
2. Find a New Strength: Our supportive community will inspire you to find your inner strength. Y personal training is a great way to learn more about what your body is capable of—find your strength and ask about Y personal training today.
3. Find a New Flow: To be our best selves, we need to take care of our whole selves. Find balance in spirit, mind and body with our mind and body classes, including yoga, pilates, aquasize, group cycling, line dancing, kick-boxing, Zumba, and many mind & body classes.
4. Find New Friends: There are no strangers, just friends we haven’t met yet! Friendship is important at any age, from toddlers to seniors. The Y is the place for lifelong connections—find your friends today.
5. Find a New Perspective: Neighbors from all backgrounds and walks of life discover common ground and broaden their perspectives at the Y. Get involved in family nights, Y seminars, senior programming, and volunteer opportunities and find a new perspective.
6. Find a New Purpose: Whenever a neighbor needs support, the Y stands ready to help with open arms and caring hearts. Whether you’re providing food to neighbors in need or making sure that all kids have a safe space to grow, volunteering is sure to fill your cup and help you find new purpose.
As a new year’s resolution – or anytime – it’s always good to invest in yourself. Identify the right resolution to improve your life, create a plan on how to reach it, and become part of the small group of people that successfully achieve their goal.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.