MEET OUR MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORS
Our Membership Directors are a large part of our welcoming environment at the Y. We are pleased to have the combined leadership of Jackie Hancock, Erinn Kobisky and Melissa Werra at our Welcome Centers.
At our Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day.
• We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become.
• We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality.
• We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world.
• We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential.
• We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Please let our Membership Directors or any of our Welcome Center staff know if there is anything we can do to help you achieve your goals at the Y.
Jackie Hancock | Membership Director – Merrimack Y
- How long have you worked for the Y? I have worked for the YMCA of Greater Nashua for 3 years as the Membership Director in our Merrimack branch and previously worked in membership for over 5 years in different membership roles.
- What’s a member story that makes you proud that you or your team were involved with? I am so proud of the work we’ve done to help eliminate some of the barriers that our families in the EEC were experiencing in receiving Y Cares. We work with families who have come on hard times and need immediate help to continue childcare and it something we strive to make more accessible with every situation.
- What’s the best benefit of Y membership in your opinion? The community! We see so many members who have come back post pandemic and are just so relieved to be apart of our community again.
- What’s a hidden gem at the YMCA of Greater Nashua? A hidden gem at the YMCA of Greater Nashua (and maybe is not so hidden) is KID’S STOP! We work so hard to show families that Kid’s Stop is more than a babysitting service, its a member benefit, its a break, its mental health!
- If you didn’t work at the Y, what other jobs interest you? I always wanted to work with animals.
- What’s your passion? My friends and family are truly my passion, I love the people I’ve surrounded myself with and I love that my daughter is growing up with a huge support system in and outside of the Y.
Erinn Kobisky | Membership Director – Nashua Y
- How long have you worked for the Y? I’ve been with the Y since May of 2006! My first job was in the membership office on Huntington Ave for the YMCA of Greater Boston – from there I went on to run an afterschool program for the Woburn Branch. I came to Nashua as the Welcome Center Director in September of 2013!
- What’s a member story that makes you proud that you or your team were involved with? I don’t have one specific story in mind – however, coming back after being shut down due to Covid really proved how important the Y is for many people. It never got old seeing familiar faces come back, after being away for months. They were always SO happy to get back to their routines.
- What’s the best benefit of Y membership in your opinion? All of the benefits of Membership make it the best deal in town! There is so much to offer and so much for families to do. I might be biased but Kidstop is a pretty amazing benefit for family members 🙂 A quality program for kiddos to be safe and have fun in, while their grownups get some me time – at no additional cost!
- What’s a hidden gem at the YMCA of Greater Nashua? The spaces we have for members to socialize after their workout. I have witnessed many friendships being made in the lobby. I believe a lot of times, members come for socialization and their workout is just a bonus. The environment at the Y is really something special.
- If you didn’t work at the Y, what other jobs interest you? My background is in education – I would love to be more involved in the school system, not necessarily a classroom teacher, but as a reading or math specialist – being able to give additional support to students that need it. I am also really interested in real estate. I love looking at houses and all that goes into them!
- What’s your passion? My Family 🙂 I could complain all day that I have 2 full times jobs, The Y, and my family – however I wouldn’t have it any other way!!
Melissa Werra | Welcome Center Director – Westwood Park Y
- How long have you worked for the Y? I have been with the Y a little over 6 months. I started as babysitter in Kids Stop at our Nashua Branch and on November 30, 2022 I started my current role as Welcome Center Director at our WWP location.
- What’s a member story that makes you proud that you or your team were involved with? I have not along with my team experienced anything yet. However if getting to know our members a little better counts; then my team and I have really been working hard on this and using first names when talking to members and getting their stories.
- What’s the best benefit of Y membership in your opinion? In my opinion the best benefit to having a Y membership is that you get to build connections and grow lasting friendships.
- What’s a hidden gem at the YMCA of Greater Nashua? A hidden gem at the YMCA of Greater Nashua is that we are not just a place to come and workout or take swim lessons or a group exercise class. We are a Family; a community.
- If you didn’t work at the Y, what other jobs interest you? If I was not working at the Y, I would probably still be working in the retail world as I had done 25 years of that line of work.
- What’s your passion? I don’t think I truly knew what my passion was until I started working at the Y and learned what we can do for others; so I would say that it is to continue to help bring mental health awareness and help to our youth.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.