Careers at the Y
Reporting directly to the Properties Director, this position is primarily responsible for the overall physical condition and presentation of the YMCA of Greater Nashua’s multi-site branches and camp, to ensure that the facilities are clean, safe and in good repair. The Facilities Technician will have primary responsibilities in one of the YMCA’s branches, but will assist in projects in other branches and will have working knowledge of all branches. This position is responsible for the general maintenance and repair of non-complex building systems, components, fixtures, and equipment and must be a proven, hands-on leader capable of performing all general building and grounds maintenance. A great opportunity for the person who likes flexibility, is not tied to a desk all day, and has a chance to make a difference daily! The Facilities Technician is on call 24-hours a day and is required to respond to all emergency situations.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete branch/association-wide work orders as assigned in a timely fashion, ensuring proper communication with all stakeholders.
- Serves as primary point of contact for third party providers who have been contracted by the Properties Director for maintenence and repair of all building systems.
- Assist Housekeeping staff with daily cleaning and upkeep of the facilities
- Maintain supply and maintenance closets, tools and equipment in a safe, functional and orderly manner
- Manage cleaning and maintenance supply inventory and order new supplies necessary within the budgeted allotment of funds.
- Respond to all facility maintenance and cleaning issues as they arise
- Manage calendar for all branch related licenses and permits and coordinate with Properties Director to ensure all licenses and permits are up to date.
- Coordinate with YMCA Program Directors within the branch to support any special needs or events (i.e. setting up a room for a special event)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required; advanced degree preferred
- 5 years experience in facilities management. Education may be supplemented for years of experience.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification of ability to obtain certification within 3 months of employment
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills to work with staff, vendors, members, and volunteers.
- Trained in YUSA Listen First or within six months of employment
- Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards
- Basic computer knowledge to include Kronos HRIS, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability and willingness to respond to safety and emergency situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle oneself professionally during difficult situations.
- Must have transportation available to visit all branch locations.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.