Careers at the Y
Reporting directly to the Properties Director, this position is primarily responsible for the overall physical condition and presentation of the YMCA of Greater Nashua’s multi-site branches and camp, to ensure that the facilities are clean, safe and in good repair. This position is responsible for the general maintenance and repair of non-complex building systems, components, fixtures, and equipment and must be a proven, hands-on leader capable of performing all general building and grounds maintenance. A great opportunity for the person who likes flexibility, is not tied to a desk all day, and has a chance to make a difference daily! The Facilities Technician is on call 24-hours a day and is required to respond to all emergency situations.
KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General building and grounds maintenance includes without limitation, physically performing minor carpentry, cleaning, electrical, furniture / equipment assembly, landscaping, masonry, painting, plumbing, snow removal, supply and inventory control, and event preparations.
- Responsible for the proper operation and documentation all building systems, to include without limitation, fire alarm, fire sprinkler, security alarm, emergency lighting and signage, emergency egress, building access control, monitoring and recording, fuel distribution, elevators, generators, communications, disposal, sanitary, domestic water, plumbing, electric, heating, cooling, and ventilation.
- Responsible for contracting the maintenance and repair of all building systems, from scope development (if necessary), competitive bidding, securing proper approvals, scheduling, implementation, qualifying and directing subsequent repairs and maintenance necessary and maintaining all records accordingly.
- Serves as the primary liaison in collaboration with applicable program Directors, for the compliance, permitting and certification requirements, including all local, state and federal inspections, and other agencies having jurisdiction.
- Collaborates with Aquatics Director to assure all pool, steam and sauna systems a functioning as designed and provides assistance with scheduling complex repairs and replacements.
- Inspects building envelope including masonry, concrete, EFIS, waterproofing, glazing, fire escapes, roofing, building entry and access, and other physical construction components and systems for structural and physical integrity.
- High School Diploma required; advanced degree preferred
- 5 years experience in facilities management. Education may be supplemented for years of experience.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification of ability to obtain certification within 3 months of employment
- Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems, carpentry, and other maintenance-related areas.
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills to work with staff, vendors, members, and volunteers.
- Trained in YUSA Listen First or within six months of employment
- Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards
- Basic computer knowledge to include Kronos HRIS, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle oneself professionally during difficult situations.
- Must have transportation available to visit all branch locations.
To apply for this job please visit secure6.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.