Careers at the Y
Welcome Center Representative - Nashua YMCA Nights & Weekends
LEARN, GROW AND THRIVE WITH A CAREER AT THE YMCA:
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Under the direction of the Nashua Director of Membership, the Welcome Center Representative is responsible for informing and serving YMCA members and patrons according to YMCA policies and procedures. Must possess strong and effective written and verbal communication skills to obtain accurate, neat, and precise member information and program registrations. One must be courteous, informed and professional in dealing with clientele. The candidate must be able to make sound decisions, maintain confidentiality, and work well with others as a team as well as with limited supervision. Proficient computer skills are necessary.
- Current Red Cross First Aid and Adult CPR/AED certification
- Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Commitment to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- To inquire and sell programs and/or memberships to current members and non-members appropriate to their needs
- Create a welcome, supportive atmosphere at the Welcome Center by greeting members by name in a friendly manner, making eye contact and engaging in conversation about their interests.
- Use Listen First Skills when conversing with members.
- Provide membership information and requirements in an accurate and courteous manner
- Answer questions and requests through a complete knowledge of the current program offerings
- Accurately process program, camp and/or childcare registration
- Flexibility and adaptability to changed situations are essential in this position.
- Warmly and enthusiastically greet members through eye contact and with a smile. Anticipate their needs and approach them before they approach you whenever possible.
- Personalize relationship with members by introducing yourself and asking the name of each member with whom you come into contact. Make a point of remembering members’ names and use them frequently.
- When the opportunity arises, introduce members to other members or to fellow staff.
- Respond to all inquiries and complaints in a timely and courteous manner.
- Engage with members in a way that they feel welcomed and connected to the Y.
- Be able to work as a team member, assisting fellow staff when necessary.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings and trainings.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to work EVERY shift despite any type of weather.
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA.
- Outgoing personality and strong customer service skills.
- Ability to commit to a seasonal schedule.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.