Careers at the Y
Wellness Center Floor Representative - Nashua YMCA
Under the direct supervision of the Health and Wellness Team Leader, this employee is responsible for our members’ quality experience in the Wellness Center. The Wellness Floor Representative is expected to spend time assisting members on the floor, answering questions about Wellness classes, and Wellness events. All while creating an atmosphere of acceptance and community.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Current Red Cross First Aid and Adult CPR/AED certification (may obtain when hired)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Warmly and enthusiastically greet members through eye contact and with a smile. Anticipate their needs and approach them before they approach you whenever possible.
- Personalize relationship with members by introducing yourself and asking the name of each member with whom you come into contact.
- Make a point of remembering members’ names and use them frequently. When the opportunity arises, introduce members to other members or to fellow staff.
- Educate yourself on Y programs outside the wellness center, so you are better able to help answer members’ questions.
- If questions arise to which you do not know the answer, make sure you are able to point them in the right direction for assistance.
- Respond to all inquiries and complaints in a timely and courteous manner.
- Engage with members in a way that they feel welcomed and connected to the Y.
- Perform cleaning responsibilities as assigned and report any issues to supervisor.
- Ensure members are following wellness center rules and policies at all times.
- Be able to work as a team member, assisting fellow staff when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
OUR CULTURE: Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.