Careers at the Y
Welcome Center Representative - Westwood Park Y
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations, Westwood Park YMCA
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. At the YMCA of Greater Nashua it’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day. We are cause-driven. We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
Under the direction of the Westwood Park YMCA Director, the welcome center representative is responsible for informing and serving YMCA members and patrons according to YMCA policies and procedures. Must possess strong and effective written and verbal communication skills to obtain accurate, neat, and precise member information and program registrations. One must be courteous, informed and professional in dealing with clientele. The candidate must be able to make sound decisions, maintain confidentiality, and work well with others as a team as well as with limited supervision. Proficient computer skills are necessary.
We act with intentionality to connect people to our cause through our service and engagement principles. Every day we:
- Welcome – Smile greet members by name, introduce yourself.
- Connect – Ask questions, share a story, and introduce them to other staff and members.
- Support – Affirm and encourage them, wish them well.
- Invite – Share opportunities to get involved and give back to the community.
- To inquire and sell programs and/or memberships to current members and non-members appropriate to their needs
- Create a welcome, supportive atmosphere at the Welcome Center by greeting members by name in a friendly manner, making eye contact and engaging in conversation about their interests.
- Use Listen First Skills when conversing with members.
- Provide membership information and requirements in an accurate and courteous manner
- Answer questions and requests through a complete knowledge of the current program brochure
- Accurately process program, camp and/or childcare registration
- Provide a prospective member a cause driven tour of the facility representing all aspects of the YMCA of Greater Nashua
- Accurately set up new members, collecting all data fields, including member photos, waiver signatures, billing information and first payment.
- Accurately process program, camp and/or childcare registration.
- Responsible for handling, receipting and the accountability of checks, cash and charges presented during shift.
- To be responsible for opening and closing shift with a balanced cash drawer.
- Sell retail merchandise and record purchase accurately.
- Accept phone calls from members/general public using proper telephone etiquette.
- Handle messages for YMCA staff/members, taking all necessary information.
- Distribute cards and keys to members/guests/participants
- Deal with complaints/problems in a mature and rational manner. Attempt to resolve if possible and/or relay to supervisor.
- Ensure members and guest check into the facility with each visit.
- Minimum of 17 years of age.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to work EVERY shift despite any type of weather.
- Team player with a positive, service-oriented attitude.
- Interested in contributing to the mission of the YMCA.
- Outgoing personality and strong customer service skills.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.