Careers at the Y
Learn, Grow and Thrive with a career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Community Impact, the Volunteer Coordinator oversees the YMCA’s volunteer development program including the recruitment, on-boarding, and ongoing support of volunteers by working with the Program Directors and other YMCA staff. The Volunteer Coordinator works to best ensure engagement and recognition of volunteers as well as fulfilling each volunteer position created within the organization. The hours will range from 15-20 hours per week.
Excellent relationship building, organizational and communication skills are required. Other skills include: the ability to research and analyze data, write reports, work with volunteers, and the ability to relate positively to program directors and other key Y staff. Successful experience with volunteer management a decided plus.
- Publish updated lists of volunteer opportunities using various media outlets: websites, e-newsletters, social media, bulletin boards, posters, etc. at least monthly
- Co-facilitate and support training of all volunteers. Assure all new volunteers attend a new hire orientation.
- Maintain current information database regarding current volunteers, those needing placement, and those available for one-time events.
- Work with program directors to regularly collect volunteer hours performed and submit for YMCA annual financials
- Communicate and update volunteer information regularly on Volunteer Matters
- Share feedback with staff to acknowledge strengths, successes and to make improvements for future volunteer positions
- Key member and participant of corporate volunteer days
EFFECT ON END RESULTS/STRATEGIC IMPACT:
The success of this position will positively impact and advance the cause of strengthening community by assisting in the leadership and management of our volunteer programs that support and enrich the lives of members in our Y and community.
- Volunteer quality and quantity are at high standard
- Volunteer hours are tracked and reported on an efficient system
- Volunteer engagement is high and benefits the YMCAs fundraising efforts
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.