Careers at the Y
Supervisor of Housekeeping
LEARN, GROW AND THRIVE WITH A CAREER AT THE Y
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. At the YMCA of Greater Nashua it’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day.
We are cause-driven: We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality.
We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential.
We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The Supervisor of Housekeeping will advance the cause of strengthening community by assuring facilities are well maintained, clean and safe for our members and staff. Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Under the direction of the Director of Properties, the Supervisor of Custodial/Housekeeping is responsible for the custodial and facility improvement operations of the YMCA of Greater Nashua branches. The YMCA of Greater Nashua operates four facilities: Nashua YMCA, Merrimack YMCA, Westwood Park YMCA & Camp Sargent (day camp).
Supervises assigned housekeeping staff and directs all activities related to the custodial and facility appearance of the YMCA of Greater Nashua branches.
- Ensure that building and grounds are clean and attractive.
- The supervisor recruits, trains, develops, schedules and directs assigned staff.
- Review and evaluate performance and develop strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Models relationship-building skills in all interactions.
- Completes work and projects in a timely manner.
- Oversee all Cleaning contractors while working on the grounds.
- Inventory and order supplies for housekeeping and facility functions at all Branches.
- Provide multiple daily visual inspections of property (interior and exterior). Check for any risk management issues and ensure they are addressed.
- Computer experience (Kronos, Internet, WORD, EXCEL, etc.).
- Understands budgets and works to keep expenses within given budget.
- Responsible for overall quality control. Advise maintenance staff on issues and projects as requested.
- Demonstrate YMCA core values.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Project/Program Management
- Engaging Community
- Developing Self and Others
- Three years’ experience in supervisory or a related field.
- Experience in supervision, budget management and project management.
- Ability and current license to drive with record that meets YMCA standards.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and be able to communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
- The work is performed both indoors and out, and may require travel to various locations. While performing the duties of this job the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle oneself professionally during difficult situations.
- Must have transportation available to visit all branch locations.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.