Careers at the Y
Website YMCA of Greater Nashua
Staff Accountant (Accounts Receivable Specialist)
LEARN, GROW AND THRIVE WITH A CAREER AT THE Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
This is a full-time position that supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Staff Accountant will focus heavily on accounts receivable functions and collection efforts while ensuring a positive member experience. You will also be responsible for month-end activities, including account reconciliations and journal entries. The ideal candidate will enjoy working on multiple facets and collaborating with our members, staff, and program directors to provide first-rate services to our community.
We are seeking an energetic individual with exceptional attention to detail, who possess a team-first attitude and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We provide our full-time staff with a comprehensive medical and dental plan, paid time off (sick, holidays, vacation), a Family YMCA Membership, a discount on classes and team sports and Y-funded retirement contributions after two years of qualified service.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
- Positive, energetic and motivated self-starter who can work both independently and as a valuable team player
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Successfully prioritize duties and efficiently operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Strong desire to learn and willingness to own new responsibilities as they arise
- All aspects of Accounts Receivable; including but not limited to, review and analysis of customer accounts, cash application, review and reconciliation of branch cash deposits, collections calls, coordination and processing of payment plans, invoice and statement preparation for members and third-parties, and issue resolution
- Ensure accuracy, completeness and timeliness of transactions processed
- Review member accounts and coordinate weekly collection efforts for all membership, programs, childcare and camp transactions and escalate to Directors as necessary
- Communicate discrepancies to Director of Finance, identify slow-paying members, and recommend collection procedures
- Provide administrative and operational support to staff; support Program Directors with accounts receivable collections, program registrations, and payment processing
- Point of contact with Credit Card Processor; reconcile credit card deposits, chargebacks, and issue resolution
- Assist in streamlining and improving accounts receivable processes, identifying areas of performance improvement
- Act as Camp Enrollment Lead during the summer programs, actively monitor Camp enrollment and perform Camp administrative duties; be the primary contact for parents regarding registration, billing, cancellations, wait list management, camp documents, etc. ensuring a positive camp experience
- Assist with Monthly, Quarterly, Year-end Close and Audit Activities; including the preparation of account reconciliations, journal entries, and audit schedules as instructed
- Other functions and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Finance/CFO
This role may have additional responsibilities; and may evolve to leverage the strengths of the right candidate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Familiar with accounting and GAAP principles
- Experience with Daxko, or similar operating systems, and accounting systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, hands-on, with a customer service mentality
- Team player, ability to work cross-functionally, self-driven, motivated, and able to work under pressure
- Exceptional customer service and relationship building skills
- Ability to problem solve and investigate discrepancies
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrates a high level of diplomacy and professionalism
- Ability to effectively interface with senior management, members, vendors and all levels of staff
- Position requires ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing processes and situations
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.