Careers at the Y
Scorekeeper - Adult Sports
LEARN, GROW and THRIVE WITH A CAREER AT THE Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Under the direction of the Director of programming, the Adult Sports Scorekeeper is responsible for compiling and organizing adult league scores, and statistics. This position works directly with adult athletes ages 18+ years old. This position is directly responsible for the organization of team and individual statistics, along with the cleaning and sanitizing of team bench areas between contests.
- Tally team total scores on YMCA provided scoreboa
- Manage individual player statistics throughout each game including, but not limited to, points scored, and fouls against.
- Clean and sanitize bench areas before, between, and after games in which the benches were used.
- Inform athletes and officials of league specific rules, and future
- Manage and track team win-loss records to help with official league standings.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
- The candidate must be willing to work late nights, and weekend days.
- Must have the ability to work within a fast-paced sports environment.
- Candidate must possess a solution oriented perspective while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Candidate must have knowledge of the sport they are working with, and must have a strong understanding of the scoring processes, and statistics kept for each sport.
- Candidate must be willing to help with cleaning and sanitizing processes to promote a healthy environment for all staff, players, and referees.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to act and move fast enough to keep children safe.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.