Careers at the Y
Lead Teacher - Early Education Center
PAY: UP TO $20/HOUR! GREAT HEALTH/DENTAL BENEFITS & MUCH MORE!
With the assistance of the Early Learning Center Director the Preschool lead teacher will develop and present the Merrimack YMCA Preschool program and Preschool Child care program. The YMCA of Greater Nashua operates four facilities: Nashua YMCA, Merrimack YMCA, Westwood Park YMCA and Camp Sargent (day camp).
Leads the curriculum delivery and has overall classroom supervision of classroom. This is a full time year round position. The daily shift schedule will rotate and will be determined by the needs and schedules of all teachers.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We provide our full-time staff with a comprehensive medical and dental plan, paid time off (sick, holidays, vacation), a Family YMCA Membership, a discount on classes and team sports and Y-funded retirement contributions after two years of qualified service.
- Responsible for Preschool program curriculum development.
- Provide preschool program delivery and classroom supervision.
- Supervise or facilitate curriculum activities during child day care hours to provide positive learning experiences for all the children.
- Set and maintain appropriate standards for children’s’ behavior using non-punitive methods which teach self-discipline while supporting children’s self-esteem.
- Provide careful and concentrated supervision of play areas to insure childrens’s safety and learning.
- Carry out clerical, cleaning and facility maintenance duties as needed.
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with all other staff members.
- Interact positively with all parents and refer questions and concerns to the Director as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Engaging Community
- Developing Self and Others
- Early Childhood Education degree or course work to comply with state regulations
- A compassionate, insightful, and playful spirit; proven ability to interact with others in a positive manner
- Early education and leadership experience
The candidate must have the ability to work with people of all ages in both formal and informal settings, must possess a solution oriented perspective and be flexible and creative, working in a preschool educational setting with a positive, nurturing attitude and to be able to set consistent limits for the children; to interact with the parents and represent the YMCA in all aspects of the preschool child care program in a professional and friendly manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to act and move fast enough to keep children safe.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.