Careers at the Y
Power Scholars Academy - Site Manager
Earn an extra $1000 over the course of the summer when you get hired and work throughout the summer. The Summer Bonus is for ALL CAMPS & POWER SCHOLARS ACADEMY positions. This also includes a FREE Y membership.
- The first $500 will be included in the employees first pay of the season
- The second $500 will be included in the employees last pay of the season
COMPARATIVE JOB TITLE(S)
Summer Program Manager
POWER SCHOLARS ACADEMY™ PROGRAM (Jul 5 – Aug 5)
The summer learning program is designed to address summer learning loss for low-income children living in urban communities and thereby enhance overall youth development, academic performance, and graduation rates.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Do you believe that all children have extraordinary potential – that all children can be scholars? Do you want to work with educators who share your belief, and who are committed to delivering the best learning experiences possible for the scholars who need them most? Power Scholars Academy is the place for you! Join the YMCA of Greater Nashua in partnership with YUSA’s Power Scholars Academy to teach, enrich, inspire, and transform children into scholars. Work with Power Scholars Academy and change the world, one scholar at a time.
Teach with Power Scholars Academy: We hire certified teachers to deliver our summer curriculum (BELL) or to lead enrichment programs during the summer.
Tutor with Power Scholars Academy: We hire qualified educators, college-students, and community members to support classroom instruction and scholars’ learning experiences.
The summer program/site manager is responsible for building a strong summer program team that works well together, overseeing the educational quality of the program and implementing the program model to create the best learning environment for the scholars. Key areas of focus for this role include the following:
Program Planning and Support
- Participate in the summer program planning process prior to the start of the program. Collaborate with the recruitment department in the selection of staff.
- Assist with site enrollment plan development, enrollment, parent events, and assisting parents in filling in paperwork and follow-up phone calls.
- Ensure that all curriculum and supplies are received and distributed prior to program start.
- Deliver on-site training along with the instructional coach to site staff in preparation for program launch.
- Ensure that the goals of the program are achieved for each scholar.
- Manage and evaluate staff to ensure proper staffing ratios, instruction, and success of the program.
- Coordinate activities and events for parents, scholars, and staff, including field trips, guest speakers, and community service projects.
- Participate in the program planning process prior to the start of the program and assist with scholar enrollment and parent events.
- Ensure that all curriculum and supplies are received, distributed, and maintained throughout the program.
- Manage the established budget for the program.
- Oversee the use of data-driven instruction utilizing formative assessments.
- Work closely with the instructional specialist to ensure scholars are receiving meaningful and engaging instruction.
- Implement and maintain a positive behavior-management system that is clear and aligns with the school, district, and state requirements.
- Ensure the ongoing health and safety of scholars at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations and requirements.
- Serve as the connection between the program and the scholars’ parents to ensure support for their child’s growth.
- Coordinate program’s partnership with the school by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including school administrators and parents.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school with (elementary/middle school/K-8) children
- Valid state (elementary/middle school literacy/middle school math) teaching certification
- Previous and relevant experience in utilizing and implementing data-driven instructional practices
- Experience in the use of technology (computer/internet) for assessment and instruction
- Knowledge of differentiated instructional practices and strategies
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of scholars within their community
- Proven track-record of high achievement in a classroom setting
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for (literacy/math/literacy & math) academic standards and instructional rigor
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Committed to the goals of the program and approach
- Love and respect for children
- Evidence of efficacy and willingness to be a team player
- Belief and commitment to the Y’s mission and values
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Critical Thinking & Decision Making
- Engaging Community
- Developing Self and Others
This is a seasonal position and will not be eligible for benefits.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.