Careers at the Y
Membership Services Coordinator
LEARN, GROW, THRIVE WITH A CAREER HERE AT THE Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
OUR Y AND OUR REGION:
The YMCA of Greater Nashua is a well-respected association and a leader in the region. The city of Nashua, New Hampshire is situated 45 minutes from Boston and everything a major US city has to offer, less than an hour to the beautiful public beaches dotting the New Hampshire coastline and an hour to the White Mountains which offer many options for the outdoor enthusiast.
Under the direction and supervision of the Merrimack and Westwood Park Membership Director, the Membership Services Coordinator will play a crucial role in overseeing day-to-day operations, scheduling and payroll processes to ensure the smooth functioning of our Welcome Center. The Membership Services Coordinator is responsible for all functions of the Welcome Center (front desk) at the Westwood Park YMCA . This person will lead the Welcome Center staff to ensure consistent, quality service and a welcoming member experience. This position also develops and keeps up to date all internal communication that is related to Welcome Center, branch and association operations. The Membership Services Coordinator, working as part of the Membership Team, will deliver professional customer service and relationship building skills to create a welcoming environment at the YMCA. The incumbent will also exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
We provide our full-time staff with a comprehensive medical and dental plan, paid time off (sick, holidays, vacation), a Family YMCA Membership, a discount on classes and team sports and Y-funded retirement contributions after two years of qualified service.
- Associate’s degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a supervisory role.
- Availability to work nights and weekends is required.
- Demonstrated experience with strong communication, customer service and problem-solving skills.
- Efficient computer skills and ability to learn and adapt to standard business software.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong active listening, are necessary.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
- Oversees day to day operations of the welcome center for the Westwood Park YMCA;
- Manage the daily operations of the Welcome Center, ensuring a welcoming environment for members and guests.
- Supervise and Support welcome center staff to deliver excellent customer service
- Address member inquiries, concerns and feedback promptly and professionally.
- Leads membership teams effectively;
- recruit, hire, train and coach diverse staff and volunteer teams; onboards and develops them for ongoing success.
- Fostering a culture of continuous learning by organizing ongoing training sessions for existing staff
- Oversees payroll administration for the Welcome Center staff, ensuring accuracy and adhere to policies
- Collaborate with the HR department and payroll department to address any pay-roll related issues or discrepancies
- Promotes program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members.
- Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration.
- Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
- Organizes and supports membership events at the YMCA and represents the association at community events.
- Ensures proper implementation of Welcome Center procedures.
- Reviews and updates procedures and communicates changes to staff in a clear, concise way.
- Coordinates with the Finance Department as necessary on financial transactions.
- Coordinate and schedule all facility rentals and branch specific membership agreements, including the execution and filing of all rental agreements and payment policies.
- Drives membership sales and retention goals for the branch in accordance with association plans and procedures under the guidance of the Membership Director.
- Provide 30 hours of direct service, working at the Welcome Center during high volume branch hours of operations (evenings and weekends).
- Follow and enforce all YMCA procedures and policies, including: personnel guidelines, safety guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies. Carry out emergency plans as necessary.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.