Careers at the Y
Kindergarten Teacher - Early Education Center
This position will assist in developing and executing the curriculum for the kindergarten classroom in accordance with the Common Core Standards. This position is also responsible for managing a classroom of 18 children as well as building relationships with their families. This is a full time year round position with a rotating schedule between the hours of 6:30am-6:00pm. The daily shift schedule will rotate and will be determined by the needs and schedules of all teachers in the classroom.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We provide our full-time staff with a comprehensive medical and dental plan, paid time off (sick, holidays, vacation), a Family YMCA Membership, a discount on classes and team sports and Y-funded retirement contributions after two years of qualified service.
- Responsible for working as a team to develop and implement curriuculum.
- Provide supervision and be able to manage a classroom of 18 kindergarten aged children.
- Supervise and facilitate curriculum activities during program hours to provide positive learning experiences for all the children.
- Set and maintain appropriate standards for children’s’ behavior using non-punitive methods which teach self-discipline while supporting children’s self-esteem.
- Provide careful and concentrated supervision of play areas to insure children’s safety and learning.
- Carry out clerical, cleaning and facility maintenance duties as needed to comply with NH Child Care Licensing regulations.
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with all other staff members.
- Interact positively with all parents and refer questions and concerns to the program coordinator or Director as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Engaging Community
- Developing Self and Others
- Positive Role Model
- Experience working in a kindergarten classroom or primary grades.
- Early Childhood Education degree or course work to comply with state regulations.
- A compassionate, insightful, and playful spirit; proven ability to interact with others in a positive manner
- Early education and leadership experience
The candidate must have the ability to work with people of all ages in both formal and informal settings, must possess a solution oriented perspective and be flexible and creative, working in a child care educational setting with a positive, nurturing attitude and to be able to set consistent limits for the children; to interact with the parents and represent the YMCA in all aspects of the child care program in a professional and friendly manner
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to act and move fast enough to keep children safe.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.