Careers at the Y
Kids Stop Babysitter - Merrimack YMCA
Merrimack location (Must be a minimum age of 16 years old)
Learn, Grow and Thrive with a career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Kid Stop is seeking an energetic, fun, caring and responsible person that loves working with children in a fast-pace setting. This position is primarily responsible for the supervision and care of children in Kid Stop, our drop-in babysitting service, which allows our members to work out. Duties will include, building positive relationships among the children and parents that participate in the program by engaging children in games, music, and movement activities. This position will also include: helping children with their snacks, bottle-feeding, tidying up toys, sanitizing toys, observing the room at all times to ensure proper safety of all children in our program.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations.
- Engage in active listening with members in order to build relationships, understand individual goals and interests, and take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
- By personal example, help to interpret the quality of the YMCA values to all children, staff and parents. Must be a positive role model.
- Promote program positively to maintain enrollment targets and for public relations.
- Follow handbook policies and procedures to ensure the safety of the children.
- Actively participate in games and activities to keep children engaged and happy.
- Maintain and improve parent communication and involvement.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Kid Stop Coordinator.
- Remain current in required and voluntary training in order to promote growth of the mind, body and spirit and character values for all.
- Minimum of 16 years of age
- Some experience working with children 6 months -10 years old is preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certified (Course is offered through the Nashua YMCA, if needed)
- Complete our online child abuse prevention training within first week.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Must be able to relate well to parents and children.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must enjoy working with children and have a caring and nurturing demeanor.
- Must be able to read and write fluently.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to act and move fast enough to keep children safe.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.