Careers at the Y
Housekeeping Porter - Part Time - Nashua YMCA (Weekends)
We are seeking to hire part-time Housekeeping Porter(s) for our Nashua YMCA, Saturday & Sunday, 8:00am – 12:00pm
LEARN, GROW AND THRIVE WITH A CAREER AT THE Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
OUR CULTURE: LEARN, GROW AND THRIVE WITH A CAREER AT THE Y
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. At the YMCA of Greater Nashua it’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day.
- We are cause-driven: We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality.
- We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential.
- We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
The Housekeeping Porter will advance the cause of strengthening community by assuring facilities are well maintained, clean and safe for our members and staff. Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Ensures Y is attractive and clean and disinfected by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. Will perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, vacuuming. Possible seasonal related activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning
- Disinfect fitness equipment, restrooms, common areas, locker rooms, public areas, pool areas
- Disinfect high touch areas multiple times per day
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms. Contact other departments directly for urgent repairs.
- Follow all company safety, security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests, members and tenants according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals.
- Keep all hand sanitizers bins well stocked
- Stock paper towels, toilet paper, and soap dispensers
- Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping floors
- May set up furniture for events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Physical strength and stamina are essential to this position due to the high activity level.
- A positive and solution focused attitude.
- Experience with all aspects of cleaning preferably in a commercial building.
- Ability to transport heavy objects through a crowded room with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed. Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.
- Be able to lift at least 40 pounds.
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
To apply for this job please visit secure6.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.