Careers at the Y
Health and Wellness Team Leader
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Wellness, the Health & Wellness Team Leader will help provide inspiration to our members and help us improve the health of our community in all of our branches. A strong focus is placed on driving a superior member experience, enhancing the membership connection and engagement, thereby leading to increased member satisfaction and retention. Additionally, in this role, the successful candidate will be a role model for the staff team on how to provide the highest quality service and exceptional member experience for all.
* Evening and weekend hours are required.*
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- BA/BS in exercise science or related field; or equivalent experience preferred.
- Current Red Cross First Aid and Adult CPR/AED certification
- Must hold and maintain Group Fitness Instruction Certification / Personal Training Certification from a national recognized source (ACE, AFAA, NASM) and/or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification).
- Commitment to inclusion and compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Creates a safe environment in which all individuals feel welcomed and respected; build relationships with and among members and program participants.
- Strong relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for changing lives through health and wellness.
- Provide the highest quality service and exceptional member experience for all.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal.
- Facilitation skills to deliver and implement Health and Wellness floor policies and procedures.
- Computer skills, ability to perform data entry, and perform administrative tasks as assigned.
- A professional personal image and the ability to work harmoniously with staff, members and volunteers.
- Hire, onboard, and supervise wellness floor staff.
- Accountable for the Wellness floor schedule to include obtaining coverage for all shifts. On rare occasions and when needed, overtime my be required to cover open shifts.
- Provide direct service through Personal Training, Small Group Training(creating and implementing) or Group Exercise Classes of 25-30 hours per week.
- Working scheduled shifts as necessary for coverage and also should be able to open (or close) on a regular basis.
- Maintain Smart Start sign-up and scheduling of Smart Start appointments.
- Complete a daily cleaning audit of the Wellness Floor and equipment and ensure cleaning is being completed.
- Responsible for equipment repair and service. This includes; coordinating service for equipment under warranty, coordinating repairs with Facilities Director for equipment not under warranty and facilitating preventative maintance on equipment when needed.
- Track, process and approve payroll for Wellness Floor Staff.
- Establish a specialty focus. Use this focus for Direct Service and guidance throughout the Association.
- Maintain working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES: (Team Leader):
- Inclusion: Displays ease and comfort with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and Works effectively with all members of diverse team. Seeks out and includes others in order to gather new and different points of view.
- Relationships: Develops and maintains mutually beneficial relationships with volunteers, members, and colleagues at all levels of the organization. Proactively assists others in meeting goals by sharing information and resources. Puts the good of the organization ahead of personal gain. Welcomes opportunities to work in small communities (i.e., committees, groups, teams)
- Project Management: Demonstrates exceptional organizing skills to effectively prioritize project tasks. Possesses superior organizing ability. Clarifies performance goals and expectation; plans and organizes work responsibilities. Actively participates in developing project plans and completes tasks assigned. Prepares for and actively participants in project and data meetings.
- Quality Results: Partners with supervisors to set and clearly articulate goals. Focuses on effort on high-value priorities. Delivers a high-value experience to members and participants. Monitors own performance against standard and appropriate actions to stay on course. Demonstrates pride in work by striving to meet or exceed supervisor or member expectations.
- Emotional Maturity: Demonstrates the ability to accurately assess personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships with others. Recognize the needs of others and responds appropriately to what they are feeling, based on their choice words, tone of voice, expressions, and other non-verbal behavior. Accepts accountability for own behavior. Takes responsibilities for own mistakes, and learn from them. Solicits and is open to performance feedback and coaching. Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when challenged by others. Is empathetic towards others. Inspires, motivates and touches
To apply for this job please visit secure6.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.