Careers at the Y
Under the direction of the Director of Arts & Camping Services, Dance Instructors are responsible for teaching students elements of dance and creating a fun, safe and nurturing environment to all participants.
OUR CULTURE: LEARN, GROW AND THRIVE WITH A CAREER AT THE Y
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. At the YMCA of Greater Nashua it’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day.
We are cause-driven: We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality.
We are hopeful: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential.
We are determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The Dance Instructor must be able to work with people of all ages and backgrounds. Candidates should bring to this position the appropriate background of education and experience to contribute and carryout the Association’s goals. Remain current in required and voluntary training in order to promote growth of mind and spirit and character values for all.
- Extensive background in dance
- Certifications: CPR, AED, Basic First Aid
- Ability to maintain certification- level of physical and mental readiness.
- Ability to lift 40lbs and be in good physical condition.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Position will require instructors to prepare lesson plans.
- Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Attend recital and other required rehearsals.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
- Responsible for punching in and out at the beginning and ending of shifts.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Arts & Camping Services.
Part Time. Schedule is based on dance classes and staffing needs to best serve our YMCA members.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (TEAM LEADER)
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with commitment to improving lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides other with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.