Careers at the Y
Child Care Business Administrator - Y Early Education Center
HOURS: 12:00-6:00PM MONDAY-FRIDAY
PAY RANGE: $17-$18 HOUR
HEALTH INSURANCE BENEFITS AND A FREE YMCA MEMBERSHIP INCLUDED!
Under the direction of the Early Education Director, the Child Care Business Administrator is responsible for welcoming families and children with a positive upbeat attitude! This role will also be responsible for administration and maintenance of registrations, child records, billing payments, collections and running statistical reports while communicating effectively with parents, members, and staff as it relates to the YMCA Early Education Program.
- With a cheery and welcoming demeanor, answer all phone and email inquiries regarding program enrollment and changes.
- Welcome families and children in a positive happy manner as they enter and exit the center and answer questions as they arise.
- Register all new and returning EEC children in the YMCA’s management software ensuring all information is correct, a form of payment is on file and families receive communication about the status of their registration. Maintain, input, monitor and verify all information inputted in the YMCA’s management software.
- Develop and keep up to date Welcome Packets for any prospective and registered families.
- Enter child care schedule changes, including vacations, and notify the affected teachers and the EEC Director.
- Collect all necessary paperwork from families for NH State Licensing including, but not limited to, medical and immunization records. Develop filing system for state licensing logs and use Brightwheel software to ensure all records are up to date. Run reports and communicate with families on any expiring records.
- Assist with the YMCA’s policies and procedures regarding missed payments ensuring timely communication with families laid out in those procedures and communication with EEC leadership and the YMCA’s Finance team. This process includes emailing, messaging through Brightwheel and calling families after a missed payment and informing the EEC Director, YMCA Finance Team and COO of families who disregard that communication and miss further payments.
- Assist with the CACFP billing for reimbursement of food costs.
- Monitor program waitlists and enroll participants as space becomes available.
- Compile weekly reports on enrollment to be shared with the EEC Director, Assistant Director and the Association Administrative Assistant. Compile other reports on attendance, payments and enrollment forms as required.
- Maintain Health and Safety checklists and schedule monthly fire drills.
- Explore and implement business practices to enhance operational efficiency.
- Order supplies and develop an inventory system for school supplies for classrooms.
- Schedule tours for prospective families with EEC Leadership and provide follow-up communication with those families.
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel. Experience with database management software is a plus.
- Demonstrates excellent planning, organizations, time management and attention to details skills, able to multi-task with minimal direction in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The incumbent is a team player who is self-motivated, dependable, takes accountability for ones actions and demonstrates excellent interpersonal, customer service, decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to establish, collaborate and maintain relationships with a diverse base of participants, parents, staff, YMCA members and volunteers.
- Ability to observe and respect confidentiality on all matters.
- Portuguese Bi-lingual preferred
The candidate must have the ability to work with people of all ages in both formal and informal settings, must possess a solution oriented perspective and be flexible and creative while working in a preschool educational setting, committed to positive interaction with families and have the ability to represent the YMCA in a professional and friendly manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While the majority of the day will be sitting at the welcome kiosk, the employee needs to be able to deliver messages and materials to different parts of the building as needed.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Must possess the ability to keep record storage spaces clean and organized
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust between screen use.
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.