Careers at the Y
Chief Mission Advancement Officer
OUR Y AND OUR REGION
The YMCA of Greater Nashua is a well-respected association and a leader in the region. The administrative office of our multi-branch association is located in the city of Nashua, New Hampshire. We are situated 45 minutes from Boston and everything a major US city has to offer, less than an hour to the beautiful public beaches dotting the New Hampshire, Maine and MA coastline and an hour to the White Mountains which offer many options for the outdoor enthusiast. Did we mention that NH is a tax free state with no income or sales tax?
The Chief Mission Advancement Officer (CMAO) is responsible for developing and executing strategies to advance the organization’s philanthropic support and enhance brand awareness. This leader will oversee implementation of all development and communication plans ensuring effective integration of all relevant disciplines. This role will lead efforts to communicate and advocate the YMCA’s impact, values, and initiatives to diverse audiences, ensuring that the organization’s vital work is recognized and supported within the community and beyond.
The CMAO will deepen the engagement of our staff and volunteers in philanthropy and marketing while further advancing the culture throughout the association. The CMAO will ensure a safe, inclusive and welcoming atmosphere that promotes a genuine sense of belonging for all.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
We provide our full-time staff with comprehensive medical and dental, generous paid time off, free family YMCA membership, discounted programs as well as 12% retirement contribution after two years of qualified YMCA service.
Among the benefits working in this beautiful state are good economic and educational opportunities, low crime rates, no sales tax, and no state income tax on salaries and wages. New Hampshire has been listed as the number two state to live in America by U.S. News and World Report’s list of best places to live. Nashua has twice been voted by Money Magazine as the Top Place to Live in the US.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of seven years’ experience of professional fundraising/mission-driven marketing, brand strategy, community engagement, public relations or a related field.
- Baseline certification in fund raising the CFRE (Certified Fund Raising Professional) is preferred.
- Experience in all aspects of fundraising, including: annual campaigns, major gifts, grant writing, online giving, planned giving, special events and capital campaign preferred.
- Proven record of successfully achieving fundraising goals, tracking outcomes and managing budgets with performance-based campaigns and special events
- Must have demonstrated results of positive engagement and success with volunteer, corporate, foundation and elected officials.
- A high level of interpersonal skills to effectively relate and motivate volunteers and staff to achieve financial development goals and as strong advocates.
- Knowledge and understanding of community resources and the ability to engage and partner these resources with the YMCA to meet strategic objectives.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills to inspire others to support the YMCA.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills with a a welcoming, enthusiastic presence providing the ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse team of individuals with different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions to foster positive and inclusive outcomes.
- Strong computer skills with ability to research and analyze data, set annual fundraising and marketing plans that aligns with budget.
- Philanthropic Strategy Development
- Donor Engagement and Stewardship
- Major Gifts and Campaigns
- Corporate and Foundation Partnerships
- Fundraising Events and Initiatives
- Leadership and Team Development
- Budgeting, Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Donor Recognition & Reporting
- Mission Strategy and Leadership
- Brand Awareness and Marketing
- Community Engagement and Partnerships
- Communications and Public Relations
- Impact Measurement, Reporting and Sharing
- Supervision of a team of 6 including; Director of Annual Giving, Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving, Director of Marketing; Marketing Assistant; contract Grant Writer, Director of Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives
- Staff Supervision and Coaching
- Volunteer Leadership and Support
- Professional Development, Knowledge & Organizational Resource
LEARN, GROW AND THRIVE WITH A CAREER AT THE Y
At the Y it all begins with ONE. One person seeking a better future. One person standing up for another. One organization bringing them together. ONE Y. ONE GOAL. ONE COMMUNITY.
In 2022, we awarded $1,295,000 in essential services and financial assistance initiatives focused on youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility aligned to the unique and diverse needs of our community. We serve over 24K members, 12K youth under age 18, and 550+ children in our after school care/early education programs
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. The Y’s impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child, and when a community comes together for a common good. As 501 (c) (3) volunteer-founded organization our intents is to foster social connections, strengthen support networks, and encourage investment in our communities.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Organizational Leader):
Mission Advancement: Incorporates the Y’s mission and values into the organization’s vision and strategies. Ensures community engagement; promotes the global nature of the Y. Leads
a culture of volunteerism ensuring engagement, inclusion, and ownership. Leads a culture of philanthropy.
Collaboration: Advocates for and institutionalizes inclusion and diversity throughout the organization. Initiates the development of relationships with influential leaders to impact and strengthen the community. Is recognized as an inspirational community leader who navigates complex political and social circles with ease. Communicates to engage and inspire people within and outside the YMCA. Ensures that a talent management system is in place and executed effectively.
Operational Effectiveness: Possesses penetrating insight and strong strategic and critical thinking skills. Invests resources in well-designed innovation initiatives. Creates a structure to deliver organization-wide results to achieve objectives. Develops and implements stewardship strategies. Determines benchmarks and ensures appropriate leadership to meet objectives.
Personal Growth: Creates a learning organization. Effectively drives change by leveraging resources and creating alignment to expand organizational opportunities. Shares authority
and demonstrates courage and humility. Has the functional and technical knowledge and
skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge
and skills in technology.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.