Careers at the Y
Certified Personal Trainer: Weekends – Westwood Park YMCA
Learn, Grow and Thrive with a career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Health and Wellness at Westwood Park, this employee is responsible for our members’ quality experience in the Wellness Center. The Personal Trainer is expected to conduct consultations, teach small group training classes, and offer personal training programs that meet the unique needs of each member, all while creating an atmosphere of acceptance and community. Clients are assigned by the Director of Health and Wellness.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Weekends a must
- Current Red Cross First Aid and Adult CPR/AED certification
- Must hold and maintain personal training certification from a nationally recognized source (ACSM, ACE, NASM, AFAA)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- This individual must be able to provide physical activity options that promote health and well-being for a wide range of people, based on their abilities and interests. They must bring to this position experience in wellness, personal training, or group exercise while possessing the skills necessary to actively listen, understand, and communicate with members ranging from the health-seeker to the more advanced participant. Flexibility and adaptability to changed situations are essential in this position.
- Make a point of remembering members’ names and use them frequently. When the opportunity arises, introduce members to other members or to fellow staff. Educate yourself on Y programs outside the wellness center, so you are better able to help answer members’ questions. If questions arise to which you do not know the answer, make sure you are able to point them in the right direction for assistance. Respond to all inquiries and complaints in a timely and courteous manner.
- Engage with members in a way that they feel welcomed and connected to the Y.
- Ensure members are following wellness center rules and policies at all times.
- Follow up with members, whom you are training, to monitor their health and wellness goals and facility usage. Be able to work as a team member, assisting fellow staff when necessary. Keep track of clients’ progress through periodic assessment and/or feedback.
- Keep track of appointments and track sessions as they occur. Attend all scheduled staff meetings and trainings. Participate in wellness and Y community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others
- Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions and perceptions.
- Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
- Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.