Careers at the Y
Before School Group Leader: Nashua Y/Merrimack Y
NOW HIRING FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR!
LEARN, GROW AND THRIVE WITH A CAREER AT THE Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
Assist and facilitate engaging and educational lessons for children ages 5-12, help with homework and parent communication. The candidate must have excellent relationship building abilities and be able to thrive in active environments.
- Experience working with children ages 5-12 years old preferred.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills required.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Must be able to relate well to parents and children.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
- Must enjoy working with children.
- Must have a caring and nurturing demeanor.
- Must be able to supervise up to 15 children at any given time.
- Engage in active listening with members in order to build relationships, understand individual goals and interests, and take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those goals.
- Staff members will actively participate in current and new Y initiatives.
- By personal example, help to instill the core Y values (honesty, responsibility, caring and respect) in the children, staff and parents involved in the program.
- Must be a positive role model.
- Promote positively by being a team player, fair competitor and role model.
- Follow handbook policies and procedures to ensure safety of the children.
- Report any suspected abuse to Preschool, Youth and Teen Director immediately.
- Actively participate in games and activities to keep children engaged and in high spirits.
- Provide homework help daily.
- Follow a set daily schedule.
- Promote leadership through games and speech within the Before the Bell Program.
- Follow Before the Bell protocol for correcting unwanted behavior.
- Be an active participant in Strong Kids Campaign drives.
- Communicate with parents daily about kids involved in the Before the Bell program.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Before the Bell site director, and/or School Age Child Care Director.
- Proactively seek professional development opportunities through educational resources and other resources to promote professional growth.
- Design and Implement weekly “club” activities throughout the course of the Before the Bell year that will enhance the overall experience of our members.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- Play times will often be held outside (including winter months)
The noise level in the working environment is usually moderate.
SCHEDULE/HOURS OF OPERATION
- “School’s In”-Monday-Friday 6:30am-8:30am
- Must be able to work Before School hours
- Nashua and Merrimack school district vacation weeks (December, February & April)
- The program is open 6:30am-6:30pm
- MUST be available to work any 8 hours within that time frame each day
- Nashua and Merrimack School district “snow days”
- The program is open 6:30am-6:30pm
- MUST work any 8 hours within that time frame
- Child Abuse Prevention
- First Aid/CPR Certified (child)
- Physical/health exam dated within two years of last day of school
- Receipt of fingerprint by any law enforcement agency.
- Twenty hours of early childhood and or school age child care professional development, per twelve month cycle. (Can be obtained throughout course of employment)
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.