Careers at the Y
Associate Teacher - Early Education Center
PART TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE: We often have summer only positions and invite students and teachers looking for summer only employment from June through August to apply.
With the assistance of the Lead Teacher, the Early Childcare Teacher will help develop and present the Merrimack Y Early Education philosophy of quality early education of young children.
The Merrimack Y Early Education Center provides part-time and full-time care for approximately 300 children aged six weeks to kindergarten. Full-time team members have an excellent wage and benefit package. Benefits include health and dental insurance, paid vacation, holidays, personal time and sick pay. A free family Y membership is included as well as a very generous retirement plan.
The YMCA of Greater Nashua operates four facilities: Nashua YMCA, Merrimack YMCA, Westwood Park YMCA, and Camp Sargent (day camp).
The candidate must have the ability to work creatively with young children, present a playful and compassionate spirit in the classroom and work cooperatively with a team of three teachers. The associate teacher fully participates in the development and implementation of curriculum and classroom management, maintains excellent communication skills with parents and represent the YMCA in a professional and friendly manner. This is a full time year round position with a standard rotating schedule between the hours of 6:30AM and 6:00PM.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Full-time Staff: We provide our full-time staff with a comprehensive medical and dental plan, paid time off (sick, holidays, vacation), a Family YMCA Membership, a discount on classes and team sports and 12% retirement contribution after two years of qualified service.
Part-time Staff: Free individual Y membership
- Responsible, with the Lead Teacher, for Early Childcare curriculum development.
- Provides Early Childcare program delivery and classroom supervision.
- Supervises or facilitates curriculum activities to provide positive learning experiences for all children.
- Sets and maintains appropriate standards for children’s behavior, using non-punitive methods which teach self-discipline while supporting children’s self-esteem.
- Provides careful and concentrated supervision of play areas to insure children’s safety and learning.
- Carries out clerical, cleaning and facility maintenance duties as assigned.
- Attends all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with all other staff members.
- Interacts positively with all parents and refers questions and concerns to the Lead teacher as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon.
- Earns 18 continuing education hours within the first nine months of employment and maintains the 18 hours at all times thereafter
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES:
- Engaging Community
- Developing Self and Others
- A minimum of 9 Early Childcare Credits.
- Proven ability to interact with others in a positive manner.
- A compassionate, insightful, and playful spirit; proven ability to interact with others in a positive manner.
The candidate must have the ability to work with people of all ages in both formal and informal settings, must possess a solution oriented perspective and be flexible and creative, working in a preschool educational setting with a positive, nurturing attitude and to be able to set consistent limits for the children; to represent the YMCA in all aspects of the child care program in a professional and friendly manner.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to act and move fast enough to keep children safe.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
To apply for this job please visit secure6.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.