Careers at the Y
Under the direction of the Director of Arts & Camping Service, music, art, and theater instructors are responsible for teaching students elements of their specified genre, and other related subjects by creating a fun, safe, nurturing environment to all participants.
OUR CULTURE: LEARN, GROW AND THRIVE WITH A CAREER AT THE Y
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. At the YMCA of Greater Nashua it’s who we are, who we aspire to be and how we show up every day.
We are cause-driven: We don’t just show up, we show up with purpose. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality.
We are hopeful: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential.
We are determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
The Arts & Humanities Instructor must be able to work with people of all ages and backgrounds. Candidates should bring to this position the appropriate background of education and experience to contribute and carryout the Association’s goals. Remain current in required and voluntary training in order to promote growth of mind and spirit and character values for all.
- Extensive background in their specific realm (Art, Music, Theater, Dance)
- Certified in CPR and First Aid
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Part-time Staff: Free individual Y membership
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to act and move fast enough to keep children safe.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs and be in good physical condition.
- Position will require instructors to prepare lesson plans.
- To attend all staff meetings the supervisors request.
- Flexibility and Adadptability to changed situations are essential in this position.
- Attend all scheduled classes.
- Must posess good communication skills.
- Be prepared and on time for all classes. Arrive early enough for set-up time.
- Breakdown of all equipment and put back properly.
- Run a quality program and provide students with positive experiences.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (TEAM LEADER)
- Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with commitment to improving lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fundraising.
- Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
- Operational Effectiveness: Provides other with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
- Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.
To apply for this job please visit secure.entertimeonline.com.
Stay up to date on what's happening in your community! Subscribe to our blog for events, announcements, and stories.